Qatar Airways links more than 100 international destinations across Africa, Central Asia, Europe, Far East, South Asia, Middle East, North America, South America and Oceania from its base in Doha, the capital of Qatar. A seven-year construction project that began in 2005 would involve a location approximately 36 square kilometers and require nearly 40,000 workers on a complex job site. At the New Doha International Airport, the passenger terminal alone is spread over an internal area of 600,000 m2.
• involve a location approximately 36 square kilometers with a passenger terminal of 600,000 m2.
• Multiple contractors and trades require nearly 40,000 workers on a complex job
• Internal and external installations
• Wet areas
• Various substrates
• Suspension slab created leveling issues
• Competitor’s products specified
From substrate prep to waterproofing and tile installation, ARDEX was the solution for every challenge offering time savings, ease of application and onsite training from ARDEX professionals.
A slab out of tolerance was leveled with more than 4,500 tons of ARDEX K 15 covering 144,000m2 at varied thicknesses from 5 to 40 mm. Using ARDEX K 15 for leveling instead of screed on the slab also provided levelness and flatness needed later for finished flooring and carpet. Jobsite coordination was flawless with up to 12 teams of 8 to 10 workers installing an average of 200 to 300 m2 daily.